Our Love Story

Our Love Story
handwritten by our loving God
Mark and I have technically known each other since we were both in our own youth groups and attended youth camp. We talked a little here and there, in passing at camp or on the computer, but it wasn't until November of 2009 that our chats turned into conversations. On November 30 I came home from school and began decorating for the Christmas season. My tree was finally to the state of perfection when I plugged it in for the final reveal... Nothing. I forgot to check the lights. I was so upset and posted my frustration on Facebook. Mark, being Mark, made a snide remark and our conversations started there. I remember days after that sitting on the computer and having butterflies in my stomach. I would get an excited feeling everytime I saw his name pop up. 

That coming January, at the Winter Retreat over MLK weekend, I took our youth to camp. Mark was there co-directing and we tried to ease into conversation. I remember standing by the cabins and him driving up and just saying 'Hey'. I remember my sister making fun of me because I had to use my mother's cat umbrella and late finding out that he panicked because he thought I was a Cat Lady. I also remember getting ready to leave the chapel to go home and seeing him standing at the door scanning the crowd making sure I hadn't left yet...

And then I got in the car and was busted by our youth girls. The next day Mark asked me for my number and being the true gentleman that he is he did not follow the '3 day rule' but called the very next night. Our chats turned into 2-3 hour conversations a night. We learned so much about each other over the phone and he quickly began breaking down the walls that I had up. 

On Feburary 3, 2010 he drove from Louisville, Kentucky to Poland for our first date. It snowed so bad that after dinner we just came back to my place and watched a movie. What we didn't realize though was that while we were watching the movie 27 inches of snow was falling. Needless to say our 'date' turned into a long weekend because Mark was stuck. That did provide an opportunity for Mark to meet my family though. Saturday night my sister and brother came over and the four of us ate Taco Bell and played games. I think it was then that I started to realize how truly special he was. Sunday afternoon was when I knew that Mark was 'The One'. 

It was a conversation Monday night that solidified that... I was asked silver or gold? The proposal officially took place on April 5. We went 4-wheeling in West Virginia while visiting his family. When we got off to walk around, Mark darted across the rocks to a little cliff. I was actually a little irritated because he didn't wait for me. When I got there he just pointed... When I turned around he was down on one knee!

The following summer was a whirlwind of wedding planning because we wanted to get married quick. Mark and I were married on October 2, 2010 in the chapel at Seneca Lake, a place that is so special to the both of us. We have already recieved so many blessings and I am so excited to spend the rest of my life as Mrs. Wimbish. I cannot wait to see all that God has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving them!