Thursday, April 14, 2011

Red Letter Dinner

A good friend of mine got me a Red Letter Dinner Set for my bridal shower. My husband used it on me for the first time tonight.

I have seen it as a gift at Bridal Showers many times. It is a really nice idea for anyone looking for a sentimental but inexpensive gift.

How to make it:
1. Buy a nice box (hat boxes work really well as they are already decorated). It ties it all together if the box has red in it.
2. Buy a red plate (dinner and salad), bowl, glass, napkin, and placemat. It is also nice to put a red candle in it as well as a candle holder.
3. Copy the following saying onto a piece of red paper. A special touch is to add the bride and grooms name and their wedding date. Decopauge the letter into the inside of the lid.

Your Red Letter Day

This one setting of red dishes is intended for "Red Letter Days"
Surprise one another by setting it for your spouse of child when you prepare a special dinner for him or her.
Let the birthday spouse or child use the red dishes to mark another year of good health and happiness.
Set the red dishes for a guest of honor who comes to visit your home.
Celebrate the completion of a project or a promotion for your loved one.
One day you may set the dishes for a child who brings home a great report card.
Whenever you use the red dishes, we pray God's blessings on you, your marriage, and your family.
May you have many "Red Letter Days" together in the years to come.

To print the letter click here. (The letter is printed in black font so it shows up on red paper.)

Thanks Sarah & Tom!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! I'm so glad we're bloggin' together now!! I'll have more time to read it all tonight! I can't wait!
    xoxo
    Sarah
    http://mrstfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving them!