Monday, May 14, 2012

3 Tiered Planters

So my project this weekend was to make some flower pots for my front step. I was inspired by the tiered flowerpots found here at Positively Splendid. I normally do traditional colors in the house so I decided to step out of the box and make my flower pots teal and coral, two great summer colors. I was drawn to the polka dots as well... what's more fun than polka dots for the summer. After painting my pots and stenciling the polka dots and the house number, I set out to find the perfect flowers. Much to Mark's dismay it took 3 different stores before I finally found the flowers I was looking for. The next day I came home and planted them and shortly realized that while I really liked these flowers, the flowers were not to fond of me. Hopefully after a few days they will perk up some more. Hey, I can't be savvy in crafting and gardening... So with much ado here is my final product...


I also decided to tie my front door into the summer colors and added a polka dotted 'W'. Go me!




3 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower from Polkadot Linky Party. Love your blog!! Beautiful. Hope you can visit my blog sometime: Kindergarten & Preschool for Parents & Children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love the flower pot numbers.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving them!