Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Making Your Home a Haven: Week 1 Challenge


I am very excited to start the 'Make Your Home A Haven' challenge. I have been getting so stressed with all the cleaning and organizing and cleaning again... Sometimes I feel like our house will never be our home as there is always something to do. Along with tackling a small area at a time I have joined this blog challenge hoping to set the homey tone in our house as well.

Week 1: Lighting candles is nothing new in our house. In fact, if I don't have a candle lit Mark usually lights one. We have one special candle that we usually favor... On our honeymoon in Hocking Hills, Ohio we went into this little shop and they had lantern candle warmers. While it was more than we would usually pay we decided to splurge as it was our honeymoon. I am so thankful that we did because we use it constantly. And, two years later, we are still using the same Marshmallow candle that we bought that day as well. The living room seems to be the hub of our home so our lantern is placed in the corner right by the front door. It is my prayer when I see the candle glowing that our home is not just a home to us but to our baby that we are expecting in April. I pray that while we still have so much to do, finish the kitchen, finish the basement, and plan a nursery from start to finish, that we can do it together and with a joyful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving them!